Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yesterday & today


I worked at the Library book store for a 3-hour shift yesterday. Only one sale, and, of course, I managed to screw up the cash register again. The customer was okay - I certainly DO know how to figure the tax and make change, and the amount of cash in the till was correct. But I had to write a long note explaining why the register tape was crazy.

I went to the fruit/vegetable stand this morning and got some goodies. In The Help, one of the maids tells her non-cooking employer something to the effect that she shouldn’t buy anything that she couldn’t buy on the side of the road, i.e. fruits and veggies that were in season. Most foods we can get all year long, but the stuff we get along side the road is usually the best.
========================================
Food for thought:
I may not be someone’s first choice, but I am a great choice. I may not be rich but I am valuable. I don’t pretend to be someone I’m not, because I’m good at being me. I might not be proud of some of the things I’ve done in the past, but am proud of who I am today. I may not be perfect but I don't need to be. Take me as I am or watch me as I walk away!
=========================================

 

Posted by Picasa

No comments: