Thursday, August 04, 2011

Day 3

The folks at the ER told me to put rice in a zipper bag and put it in the freezer (or just use a bag of rice) - that that was a more comfortable ice pack than a bag of ice cubes. I have made rice-in-tube-sock bags to heat in the microwave for warm packs, but hadn't thought of using them cold. For my face, the zipper bag of rice is best - not as heavy and conforms to the shape. The swelling is starting to go down (but not the color). At a friend's suggestion, I have called my eye doctor and he wants to see me next week, when the swelling is mostly gone - so now that's on the calendar.

Somehow my glasses only got a few scratches on the left lens. Not enough that I can't wait until my next eye appt in two months to have them replaced. We think that the glasses slipped up and actually made the cut on my forehead - it's a smooth, semicircular cut. We just can't figure out why I didn't do any damage to my nose and/or teeth. We'll just accept that as good luck, though.

Two friends brought soups over to us yesterday ("freezer-sludge" vegetable and potato), so we ate well. Probably will do that again today. Today was our usual hair-cut day. John took me, even though he knew our haircutter would tease - and indeed she did. But, bless her, she washed my hair for me!

 

==========================================
But just to give you something more pleasant to look at, here's our last look at Angkor Wat.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Oh, I hope it feels better than it looks. How good of your haircutter to wash your hair!

But I'm sure bullies will think twice before messing with you!