Monday, August 29, 2011

A different Monday


I decided not to go to the grocery store today. I was just getting exhausted from doing everything on Mondays. So I’m going to do Aldi and WalMart tomorrow. We’ll see how that goes. I should’ve skipped bridge today - had the worst cards I’ve had in ages - my highest round was 530 points, and I stayed at the same table all afternoon (for the non-players, that means my partnership was low for each round).

I tried giving up the Flexeril and went without for two nights. After last night, though, I’m going back on it daily. Oh, well.
--------------------------------------------------
Jean sent a link to Wordnik for today. The word certainly fits a lot of people we know - including us.
--------------------------------------------------
And then there’s this bit of news that a friend posted on FB: Click here to read the Political Animal blog about Michele Bachmann’s latest - that the earthquake and Hurricane Irene are God’s way of telling the US and Congress that we’re spending too much money. Funny that the weather only applies to the US, and has no similar meaning for the damage from Irene done in Canada. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
==================================================
Na Prom, Cambodia

 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Harriet said...

About the only hopeful thing about that Bachmann person is that every dumb thing she says gets reported. If she goes on talking, the world will see that she's too stupid to describe. (Which is, of course, some people's choice in politicians.)

One of the more comforting things about being retired is that you don't have to do things that don't fit -- like shop on a day when your body says no. I try for Wednesdays, but the Lord only knows when I'm going again, without a car. But I have plenty of food here.