Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Class #2

Today was the 2nd of the six classes of this series of classes. We didn’t paint today, but learned to make teeny compositional abstract thumbnail sketches. We also learned about drawing on alternative papers (deli paper and clear contact paper) and talked about what to do with these sketches and papers.

Last week, we got 4x6 blocks of a rubbery block (sort of like a linoleum block, but softer) to use as a stamping tool. Today we learned how to draw a design on the block and to cut out around the design, using linoleum-cutting tools. It was semi-stressful, because we were all doing something new, but it was fun.

And I wouldn’t be painting if it wasn’t fun for me.
=========================================
Na Prom, Cambodia.

 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I'm so glad you can get satisfaction out of painting. Throughout my school life, nothing made me feel as useless as art classes.

I'm just lucky that I'm able to appreciate other people's efforts.