Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Session 2, Week 3

This is week #3 of this series of acrylic classes. The 9 a.m. class makes life a little hectic and tiring, but is ever so much fun.

The instructor talked for about 30 minutes this morning, and then gave us the rest of the 2.5 hours to paint and work on our own things. One of the things she talked about was saving a real dog of a painting. She said you have to be “fearless” and really DO something. You’ll either get something that works or you won't. But even if you don’t, it’s not any worse than it was. And then you tear it up to use for collage. Never throw away a piece of paper.

I took one piece that I had started in the previous series of classes that was just not going anywhere, and decided to work on it. Turns out I gave myself an exceptional challenge - I’d forgotten to bring the basket with all my brushes, palette knives, sponge brushes, etc. I borrowed one brush and a palette knife, and used the stamp I’d made, plus some of the other tools I have. And I think I’m actually on the way to having a piece worth keeping.

Stay tuned - I’ll post a picture when and if I actually finish it. I usually have problems naming my pieces, but maybe I’ll call this one “Saved from Oblivion”.
=========================
Na Prom, Cambodia

 

Posted by Picasa

No comments: