Thursday, August 25, 2016
Thursdays are usually quiet days, but with a special treat today. I had a massage here at home. A resident who moved in about 6 weeks after I did asked her massage therapist if she would start coming to the Terrace. They worked out a schedule and the therapist has been coming here. I just now got around to setting up an appointment and that was today. She's a lovely young woman, has a massage school in the area, and also does a lot of "out" appointments. Anyway today was a treat - and for just a bit more than I was paying before. And I'll undoubtedly have her come again.
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
We have a new family member. My wonderful Aunt Betsy's first great-granddaughter and cousin Ken's first granddaughter was born on 8-22-2016 (her "first cousin twice-removed", my sister Carol's birthday). The proud parents are Kelli and Chris Quin.
Welcome, Ryan Kaye Quin!
Monday, August 22, 2016
Sunday, August 21, 2016
1. Do you like blue cheese? Love it! One of my favorites.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? If yes, how did you quit? Yes - quit about 35 years ago - hypnosis did the trick.
3. Do you own a gun? How are your feelings about gun control/2nd amendment rights? No. Limiting the types of guns that can be owned by individuals has no bearing on the 2nd amendment.
4. What is your favorite flavor of water or liquor flavors? I like tap water, iced, no flavor, no carbonation. I don't drink alcohol anymore.
5. Do you get nervous before a doctor visit? Why? No.
6. How do you like your hot dogs? Mustard, onions, sometimes kraut, sometimes chili.
7. Although it’s been asked a lot, tell us about a favorite movie that you haven’t shared before. Mostly the old movie musicals.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee, water, tomato juice.
9. In a dating situation, have you ever misrepresented yourself to seem cooler or hipper? (Yes we know for most of you it was long ago…) It was a REALLY long time ago, and "cool" and "hip" meant totally different things then.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Why? My wedding ring, for obvious reasons. The only other jewelry I wear are earrings.
11. Favorite hobby? Tell us about it so we understand it. What could be hard to understand about computer stuff, knitting, reading?
12. Do you have A.D.D., or have you suspected it? No
13. What’s a thing you dislike or would change about yourself? My weight
14. Middle name? Like it or not? I wasn't given a middle name at birth, so my "middle name" now is my maiden name. No likes or dislikes.
15. Name three random thoughts you might have on this week: Friday, massage; Monday, haircut; Wednesday, mani/pedi.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Tell us a bit about them. Nothing interesting - coffee, water, tomato juice.
17. Current worry: My knees.
18. Current annoyance: My knees.
19. Favorite place to be in the summer? Give us a wee bit more than “the beach”. How about "the beach" at Fort Morgan with family and friends.
20. How do you usually ring in the new year? If forced to do something new, what would it be? I usually ring in the New Year doing what I do every other night. I could be spending time with family if the opportunity presented itself.
21. What have you done this summer that’s special? Pictures please. Other than the beach, the small ship cruise along with coast of Maine with Ann & Al. No photos to post.
Saturday, August 20, 2016
Friday, August 19, 2016
- Swimming, as usual, with a really good teacher.
- Coffee with the buds.
- Massage - doesn't get much better than that. And it'd been too long.
- Trip to bank and close estate account.
- Maintenance guy here checked out rattle in my a/c. He figured out it was actually a spring in the bedroom window casing that was vibrating. And he fixed it with a folded up piece of paper. Love it!
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
It started off as a normal Wednesday - swimming and coffee. I left early, though, and headed downtown for an appointment with the attorney. After sharing some receipts, signing a paper that was notarized, writing a check for $14.00 to the court, and a substantial check (not unexpected) for the attorney's fees, the estate was officially closed. Now it's time to meet with the financial advisor to decide what to do next. On the way home, I stopped at Walmart for an infrequent stop to stock up on important things like yogurt and coffee. Then home and lunch.
I finished the newspaper and computer stuff, watched some Olympics, and complained about aches and pains. By midafternoon, I decided to pack it in for the day, change into soft clothes, and eat supper at home (I had picked up a salad at WM). I finished off my day with some more Olympics, news, and a recorded Rizzoli and Iles. How exciting can it get!