Monday, March 02, 2009

Unusual Monday

Not the usual Monday. No swimming and a short trip to Walmart. We decided that it would be better for all concerned if we didn't go to bridge today. So it was another day of recuperation (we hope).

All winter I've been wanting to make some beef/barley/mushroom soup, but I couldn't find any barley. How odd! I finally found some last week at Greenlife Grocery. They had it in bulk. I finally got that made yesterday, and we had it for supper tonight. It was SO good - especially when we have colds, and with this very cold weather.

It was very simple: cut up chunks of beef, onions, garlic, barley, mushrooms, and lots of beef broth. I used some dried mushrooms (don't remember what kind) and some fresh sliced baby portabellas. Yum!

Some of you have already seen this photo - I sent it out today to my daily photo list. But it's one I really like.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: