Saturday, March 14, 2009

Finally Friday and an Anniversary

For retired folks, this has been a busy week. We still feel like we're catching up from the tournament weekend. And we don't even care that it's Friday the 13th. The cleaning crew came this morning, so we have a nice fresh house.

John says he has gotten the new computer working almost to his satisfaction. He got a printer and got that hooked up. And he's been able to open all the files he transferred from the old one. He says he's almost as pleased with his Mary's-birthday present as I am with mine.

And I am pleased with my Kindle. I blew my first purchase, and got a book that I'd already read. I got over-confident, and bought it without checking out the sample first. My bad! I won't do that again. Now I'm reading a book about three young women of different faiths (Christian, Jewish, Muslim) who get together to write a book for their children. I'll write more about it when I finish it. One old book that I'd love to have is 84 Charing Cross Road, but it's not available for the Kindle.

We're getting some much-needed slow, solid rain. It started about suppertime, and is predicted to rain all night and all day tomorrow. It makes for a gloomy day, but we do need the rain. We've not overcome our drought of the last few years, so we still need every drop.

Today is the 16th anniversary of The Blizzard of '93 - the biggest snowfall ever recorded in Chattanooga. We remember it all too well. Click here for the Wikipedia article about it. I never consider our winter over until we get past this date. This is a typical photo from Google.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: