Sunday, March 22, 2009

A glorious Sunday!

I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself, and I'm sure everybody else is, too. Jean says I've been a whiner. Sorry about that. I'll try to do better.

It was another glorious day today. The temperature got up to 72.

We went to a free Chattanooga Symphony Chamber music concert at UTC this afternoon, and met John & Sylvia there. The concert was delightful! It was brief - they played only two selections. A Mozart quintet for piano, clarinet, oboe, bassoon, and horn was first. The second was a Schumann quintet for piano, two violins, viola, and cello. The pianist is an artist in residence at UTC; the others are all first chair musicians with the symphony. What a wonderful hour it was! We hadn't seen J&S for a while, so it was fun to visit with them, too.

The rest of the day was basketball on TV. Such is March! The Lady Vols play tonight, but I'm going to bed early.

No comments: