Monday, December 15, 2008

What a great game!

It was Monday all day - amazing how that works. And it rained almost all evening. They're calling for off and on rain all week long. That surely is a change. At least it's not like in Iowa and Kansas with their ice, wind, and subzero temperatures.

This afternoon, we played bridge. If you don't play, or don't care, skip this paragraph. Playing against John on one progression, the first hand I picked up was an wild one.
Clubs: AKQJxxxx
Hearts: A9876
Spades: ---
Diamonds: ----

I opened 1C; John 1 spade; my partner pass; John's partner; 2D. The bidding progressed, and I stayed in, and the final contract was me playing 5 clubs, doubled. My partner had two clubs, K spades, Q diamonds, the 10 of hearts. I can't remember the rest of his cards, but the key card was the 10 of hearts. The hand played like a charm, and I would up losing two heart tricks before setting the others up, plus all the trump tricks. It was SO sweet, and I was definitely doing the Happy Dance!

Stay warm and dry - and pick up good cards!

No comments: