Monday, December 29, 2008

Sushi

I did head to the doctor's office this morning. I saw the PA, and he agreed that I did have a urinary tract infection, and that I had been treating it appropriately. He thought that my back pain was a muscular pain, rather than kidney pain - and I do hope that's the case.

In any case, I went on to the grand and glorious Walmart. It's just a Monday thing - but since I had skipped last Monday, it was really necessary today. Bridge was fun, as always. I had good and bad rounds, and a couple of really challenging hands.

We got home to find a message from John & Sylvia on the phone. They had been given a $50.00 gift certificate to a downtown sushi bar. It had to be used by 31 December, and they asked if we would like to join them to help use it up. None of us had ever been to a sushi place before - but hey! it's free food. What time should we be be there?!

We looked at the menu, which wasn't much help. When we asked the waitress for help, she called the chef (owner?) over to tell us about the various items. We finally asked him to just prepare a dinner for four for the amount of the gift certificate. Let me tell you - this was truly a magnificant meal! The chef presented us with five different types of sushi. What a feast for the eyes and the palate! I have no way to tell you what was in each of these morsels, but each was a group of different subtle flavors with beautiful colors and textures. The more familiar "hot" dishes that followed (chicken fried rice, egg rolls, and pot stickers) were almost anticlimactic. This is certainly a place we will visit again - and our probable order would be to ask the chef to prepare his choices for us, within a specific dollar amount. Thanks again for including us, J&S.

Today's photo is a Google image of a plate of sushi.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: