Friday, August 31, 2007

Not much today


Oh, my God! It's the dreaded white page. This is as bad as starting a painting - and facing that horrible white paper or canvas. It's when I start wandering around the room, picking up thing, getting coffee. Doing what I call "bouncing the ball on the floor" - pacing around and then, hopefully, accomplishing something. Not sure that's goingto be the case today, though.

Betty gave me several big butternut squash. I found the recipe she suggested - a butternut squash souffle. I'll fix that tomorrow - probably one to eat tomorrow night and one or more to freeze.

This is the Labor Day weekend, but I doubt that we're going to do much. John plans to do some walking, getting ready to walk on our trip. I told him that I plan to do some walking in the mall over the weekend...that I was going to go (GASP!!!) shopping. I'd still like to find some navy and/or ivory pants and/or skirt to go with my new kimono tops. I'm also going to go to the knit shop to get some more of the wool/bamboo blend sock yarn, to have plenty of stuff to take on the trip.

I guess we're really starting to get into short-timer's mode, just thinking about getting stuff ready. There are still things going on. The Gallery Hop is a week from tomorrow, and that will be a 7-hour day at Studio 2. I still have some pieces to get over there, and then help Vicki get things arranged and hung. The swimmers are having a multiple birthday/anniversary, covered dish party the day before we leave.

Today's picture is a bright sunflower - looking for better ideas tomorrow.

No comments: