Monday, August 27, 2007

Finally


Gail worked us hard in swimming this morning. Her first cataract surgery was a success last week, and she's very pleased with the results. Unfortunately for us, she can now see all of us in the pool, and can tell when we're goofing off. She keeps telling us it's for our own good.

I reported our upcoming trip to the bank and the credit card companies. We've learned to do that so we don't have the companies getting hysterical because we've changed our financial pattern. Next is to call the airline and the shuttle company.

My cards were some better today - not great, but I'll take it. I was next-to-last for the six tables last week. Today, I had as many points in the first two rounds as I did for the whole afternoon last week. John's cards were better. We do keep playing, though.John says he's going to wake me up in the morning if it's not cloudy and we can see the eclipse. Otherwise I get to sleep in. He does take good care of me.

The best news of the day was the resignation of Alberto Gonzales. It was long overdue. And it looks like they're all abandoning the sinking ship.

Today's picture is one of Jean's - of a real hall of justice - the courtroom in Monroeville, AL. Monroeville is the home of Harper Lee, author of To Kill a Mockingbird. Atticus Finch was based on Lee's father, and Mr. Lee argued cases in this courtroom.

No comments: