Thursday, August 09, 2007

Sailing, sailing.....


We're taking off again. Ann & Al came in from CA today for the beginning of their trip on the paddlewheel boat, the Delta Queen. The trip leaves Friday going down the Tennessee River from Chattanooga to Memphis. There were a couple of cabins left, so we decided to go, too. It's still miserably hot, but we do enjoy traveling with A&A, so we're going. We board the boat on Friday afternoon sometime, and leave the downtown riverfront at 10 p.m. I'm going to take the laptop, but don't know whether I'll get any WiFi anywhere or not. I'll write and post photos when I can.

We took A&A out to dinner at our little Vietnamese place (there was no way I was going to heat up the house by cooking), and then we played bridge all evening. Heavenly!!!! Even if Al did get all the cards. I can see that we'll get a lot of bridge in on the bridge. Boo - sorry about the pun! (Well, I'm not REALLY sorry.)

We investigated flying home from Memphis, but the prices were ridiculous - the cheapest was $245 each for the one-way flight. We decided to rent a car at $129.00 for our return trip home.

Beth has seen the oncologist and will be starting her radiation treatments in a week or so. If we can work out the timing, I'll go with her to the initial visit and first treatment. Things are looking good on that front.

Today's picture is late evening in the Valley of the Gods.

No comments: