Friday, August 24, 2007

one more day over 100


Our high today was 102. We thought we might get a shower this evening, but none of the little "pop-up" showers landed on us. It did quickly drop the temperature into the 80s, though - and that was good. Supposed to be "cooler" tomorrow, only into the mid90s. It looked on radar like Margaret and Bobby were getting some rain.

Today was a wonderfully normal Friday. Swimming, coffee, and then to Studio 2 for watercolor. I painted some cards this morning, and "splashed" some color onto my business cards. I got home about 1, and even got a nap. We had our usual PBS Friday night on TV, and then John called it a day.

The clothes that Beth and I ordered from JCPenney came today. I surely didn't expect them that quickly. I really like what we chose and they fit well. What more can you ask?

I think we're going to take it easy again tomorrow. It's only a little more than two weeks before we leave for Prague, so it's time to start making lists. I've got to call Delta, reserve spaces on the shuttle, call the credit union and the credit card companies. Just the usual stuff. We need to do some reading in our Lonely Planet city books, too.

Today's picture is definitely in a lonely part of our planet - first morning light in the Valley of the Gods.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We got 1.25 inches! He is happy.
m