Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday on the river


Hi folks, from the Delta Queen, on the beautiful Tennessee River. We've left Decatur, AL, heading downstream for tomorrow's stop in Florence. This morning, we were bussed to Huntsville for a tour of the Space Museum and an I-Max film. The museum was okay - not one of the best we've seen. The I-Max was a good film of The Story of Flight - lots about the Blue Angels. I tend to get motion sickness in I-Max films, but all I have to do is close my eyes to make the queasiness go away. I actually saw only about half of this one. :)

It was still miserably hot (at least 100 today), but at least there's AC on the boat.


We had a good program tonight - An Evening With Mark Twain. He was no Hal Holbrook, but it was a very good evening's entertainment.

Tonight's picture is the paddle wheel of the Delta Queen.

No comments: