Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Broken Record


It's a broken record sort of thing - hot, hot, and more hot. Boring, but certainly the main news event of the day around here. The "outdoor sauna" is getting kind of old. I'm just glad I live in the age of air conditioning!

The new cleaning lady came this morning. I think she's going to work out just fine. At least she didn't run screaming in horror. She did the bathrooms and kitchen very well, and vacuumed the living room and hall. She offered to come back next week, and really "do" the living room and anything she has time for, dusting all the stuff, and really getting a good baseline on it. If we're here, I'll accept. I think once she really gets things to her liking, we'll be able to cut back to maybe even just once a month. That would suit everybody

Ann & Al are due in tomorrow afternoon. It's always so great to spend time with them. At least the house looks some better. I don't plan to cook while they're here - it's just too hot to turn on the oven, or even to ask John to cook on the grill. I hope to get enough stuff off the dining room table so we can at least eat breakfast there. No way I'll get all that stuff tucked away somewhere.

We went to a Photo Society "social" tonight. We hadn't been to a meeting in a while, and it was good to see everybody. It's always a treat to see the good work that the members are doing.

Today's photo was taken last April in Colorado. Just something to make us feel a little cooler.

No comments: