Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Water falls from the sky!


Hooray, we actually got some rain today! About 0.4" in 30 minutes. It was exciting! The temperature even dropped into the mid70s in the middle of the afternoon. That was all, though, and then the sun came back out. But after tomorrow, predicted highs for the rest of the week are in the upper 80s, with the chance of thundershowers every afternoon. Now THAT's the "phone-in" forecast for Tennessee summer.

I didn't see any of the lunar eclipse this morning. John went out to pick up the paper and the eclipse was just starting. He was going to wait a few minutes, then wake me. He went back out to check and the cloud cover had moved in. So I missed it - but I did get to sleep about an hour later.

At Studio 2, we did some planning for the Gallery Hop on 8 September. The brochures are out, so I got a bunch of them to hand out to the swimmers and others. The openings are from 2-9, so it'll be a long day. I hope we have lots of people come in, though.

In the Blog Discussion on SeniorNet today, a writer asked why somebody would start writing a blog. It was interesting to think about - to give her an answer. I started this one when I was diagnosed with cancer in early 2005, and then let it lapse. Keeping a journal and "talking" to family was the impetus to start back up last April. I have really enjoyed both the writing and the discipline to find something to write about every day. Thanks to all of you for sticking with me. It's fun - at least for me!

Today's picture is early morning in the Valley of the Gods.

No comments: