Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Tragedy in Minneapolis


The Minneapolis bridge collapse is incredible. What a tragedy and, at least so far, it sounds lke it could've been so much worse. How terrifying for those people. We'll be holding them all in our hearts and prayers.

I went to the downtown YMCA this morning for an exercise class. I had gone there for several years before the Y in our area got an indoor pool. I hope we get our back soon, because I don't know if I'll go back downtown. Everything is great, except the pool for classes is their "warm" pool. And rather than feeling like I had gotten some exercise and feeling energized, I felt just washed out. Once I got home this afternoon, I went to sleep almost as soon as I got in my chair, and slept for about an hour. You just can't work out as hard in that overly warm water. We'll keep hoping that we can get back "home" soon.

I did painting "repair" and "redo" today. That's one of the beauties of acrylics. If something just doesn't seem to be working, you can make changes. And, if all else fails, you can paint over it completely.

John and I watched The Boynton Beach Club this evening. This is a delightful movie, and if you haven't seen it, we highly recommend it. A really good evening's entertainment, with some great actors - Brenda Vaccarro, Len Carriou, Dyan Cannon, Joe Bologna, Michael Nouri, etc. And great music, too.

Today's picture shows the wide-open spaces in the Texas Panhandle.

No comments: