Saturday, September 01, 2007

Football time


Today was an unusual Saturday - I left the house. First to the knit shop to get a supply of sock yarn to take on the trip. I'm sure I won't knit it all up, but yarn is like books. You have to take plenty, just in case. The thought of actually running out is horrible. I got some of the wool/bamboo blend, some wool/soy/chitin blend, and something new called Koigu that is 100% wool, and very soft. Going to the knit shop is always dangerous.

Then was the biggie! I went to two stores looking for some nice slacks. One had nothing in the size/color that I wanted. In the other, I actually tried on several pairs. This is a major event! I found one pair that was way on sale - had originally been $45.00, and I got it for $4.99. I also got a pair of nice navy blue slacks. This whole clothes thing is very out of character for me. I guess I can blame it all on Matt and Amanda for making me think about what to wear to the wedding.

It's football time in Tennessee and elsewhere. The best upset was little Appalachian State from the Southern Conference (UTC's conference) beating 5th ranked Michigan. It's going to be drunk out tonight in Boone, NC! John gave up and went to bed at 11:30 p.m. (way past his bedtime), with 9 minutes left in the game and UT behind by two touchdowns.

I don't intend this to be a recipe sharing space, but this recipe was in the paper this week. I fixed it for dinner tonight and it is SO easy, and SO good!

GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP
1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4+ cup butter
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice

Hot cooked rice (Zatarain's rice pilaf is great with this)
In a large skillet, saute the shrimp and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Add the lemon juice; heat through. Serve over the rice.

Today's picture is a reflection picture from Glasgow, Scotland.

No comments: