Sunday, September 02, 2007

Not the "Delete" button!!


They were promising us the temperatures would be more seasonable (upper 80s) now, but already we have forecasts for 95 and 96 this week. From what we read, temperatures in Prague are predicted to have highs in the 60s, lows in the 40s. I think I'm ready for that!

We did some work on the photographs in the laptop today. I almost did a bad thing. I thought I had moved some photos from one place to another, so I deleted the old folder. PANIC - when I found all of them gone! Obviously, I had just copied them, and when I deleted one folder, the photos were deleted from everywhere else on the computer. Uh-oh! I remembered that John had done a "restore" on the desktop, and was going to do that. But then I went to the recycle bin, and lo and behold, there they were! So I managed to get them back. Boy was that a relief. Now they are all safely copied to disc. We've started editing them, and then will make a couple more discs - then really delete them. Have to make room for the next batch of pictures!

The more we investigate, the more excited we're getting about the trip. This week I need to make copies of all the papers. I'll get the knitting, books, and painting stuff organized, too. Next the clothes.

We finished off the garlic-butter-shrimp tonight. I did add a bit of white wine to it, and that was surely a nice touch. Now to come up with something for tomorrow night.

Today's photo is early morning in the Tennessee River Gorge.

No comments: