Sunday, September 09, 2007

The day after

Today was definitely a recovery day. Yesterday's Gallery Hop was long - from 2-9 p.m. I don't know the number we had going through Studio 2, but it was steady almost the entire time. Vicki was so pleased - she's wanted to have a "real" gallery with this type of show for at least as long as I've known her (20 years). Sales were made, too - not just mine.

The food we put out was a great success. We were so glad that Margaret decided to come and spend the day. She helped with the "hostessing" duties, and kept the food table replenished and in order. John helped out as sommelier and garbage-taker-outer - an interesting parlay.

I wore one of my new outfits, and it looked good (if I do say so myself). By the end of the day, my feet were killing me. I really hit the acetominophen when we got home (since drinking was not an option). I still had a little back stiffness this morning, but the feet and knees had recovered. Of course, sleeping until 9 a.m. (!!!!!) might have had something to do with it.

One of the best parts of the event was seeing so many friends from all our various activities - painting, swimming, knitting, photography, X-Tix, rowing. That really made it a special day.
Margaret went back home this morning. They're starting to plan for her 50th birthday party in October. We're finally getting serious about packing for the trip. It'll probably all be in the suitcases by tomorrow night. After bridge, of course.

Today's picture is another view from the Gallery Hop.

No comments: