Friday, September 07, 2007

Echoes


Our friend, Dalton Roberts, is a Renaissance man. It's amazing the number of things he does, and does well. He has been a teacher, politician, mover and shaker, and now is a songwriter and philosopher. Click here to get to his web page.

His column in this morning's Chattanooga Times Free Press is entitled "Grandparents Influence Never Fades". He mentioned the fact that Former President Jimmy Carter proclaimed the Sunday after Labor Day as National Grandparents Day. And he wrote lovingly about his grandparents.

"The power of grandparents over successive generations is something to behold. As my sister says, the echo never ends," he wrote.

"The echo never ends." Think about that. Think about YOUR grandparents. What parts of them echo through you? What parts do you see echoing in YOUR children? YOUR grandchildren?

I see my grandmother in me. I see my mother in our daughters. And, oh, I do hope I can see us in our grandchildren.

"The echo never ends."


Today's picture is a rainbow at Aigas, Scotland.

No comments: