Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Books!


Quote for the day: I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~Anna Quindlen, "Enough Bookshelves," New York Times, 7 August 1991 (And I do think this is true of our children!)

We haven't been packing, but "assembling" stuff, and talking about what we're going to need to take. I usually tell John to tell me which suitcase we should take - and then I fill it up. John even went to get $20.00 from the ATM, just to practice using the machine. We even managed to squeeze the time for haircuts this morning.

The high today was 97 - thought this was over. However, when we left this morning, it was actually pleasant. One of those teaser mornings that lets you let your hopes up and think that fall is actually going to happen sometime. Saturday's high is predicted to be 93, and I have to be in "real" clothes all day.

I've been at Vicki's studio/gallery, getting ready for the big Chattanooga-wide Gallery Hop (2-9) on Saturday. I'll be one of the featured artists at Studio 2, so we were getting art work arranged and hung, and rearranging the furniture. Just pricing and making a list of my things is a chore. I hate to be that organized about my painting. If you're in the area on Saturday, come by to visit.


I love all the wonderful sculpture you can see on a river trip through a busy city. Today's photograph was taken from a riverboat along the River Clyde in Glasgow, Scotland.

No comments: