Wednesday, March 09, 2011

The Droid killer

My new phone just stopped working this morning. I took it in to the Verizon store after my PT session. The tech thought he had it fixed, but no. They're sending me a new one. I should get it tomorrow. He said I could transfer all the information to the new phone. I said "No, I didn't think so - that's WAY beyond my competence level." He laughed and said I could bring it back to the store and they'd do it for me. Good thing!

The insurance adjuster came this afternoon. He did a thorough look-around the property, even got up on the roof (and found two shingles missing, that we hadn't known about). Then he sat at the kitchen table with his laptop, came up with all the information and numbers. He explained all the papers, and handed us a check. This is not necessarily a final settlement. If something else should show up or wind up costing more, there's a possibility they could cut us another check. We're pleased with the inspection and the settlement.
==============================
This is the Norman Door in the Avebury parish church.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: