Monday, March 28, 2011

Basketball passion is over for the season

We watched the Lady Vols play a very flat game to lose in the Elite Eight to Notre Dame. So our teams are now out of the tournaments. We’ll watch the remainder of the gmes with interest, but without much involvement. And so ends our basketball season.

We’re getting packed - at least my stuff is out and on the bed. I’ll get John to get his stuff out tomorrow- after I wash again. We went to the Y this morning, and will probably go on Wednesday morning. I’ll have the bags packed by then, and we don’t take the shuttle to Nashville until 2 p.m. We’ll have to be getting our ball scores somewhere, I hope.

Sue and Margaret are in San Diego visiting Alison. They weren’t going to be near a computer this morning, so John called before we went to bridge to get their boarding information for Southwest. He’ll have to do that for us tomorrow.

We went to bridge this afternoon. I had some pretty good cards, and a couple of great rounds. There’s one woman who is really an awful player (John says he think’s she really “dumb”). Poor John had to play with her twice and against her once - and didn’t have any cards while he was doing it. He had a splitting headache by the time we left. I’m going to ask when we come back about maybe playing another day when she doesn’t play. I hate to be that way, but we go to have a good time, and she really just ruins it for us.
================================
This is a rubble wall in Old Sarum.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I watched that game last night -- I am sorry. It's seldom that I spend time watching Pat Summitt because usually it has been against UConn. (I like that she always dresses professionally. Most of the women coaches don't.)

I don't care much for Notre Dame -- never did. It's the "brand," beginning with playing against Notre Dame Prep in high school. They're going to be insufferable now.