Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Birthday Party

The party was SUCH fun this afternoon. Margaret will send some photos, and as silly as I looked (with my funny hat and flashing-light-flowered necklace), I'll probably post a couple of them on the blog. These folks (gals and spouses) are so great, and so special to me.

The food included make-your-own fajitas catered from our favorite Mexican eatery. The chocolate birthday cake was made out of sheet cakes put together into a long narrow strip - 75 inches long, decorated with a measuring tape 75” long laid out on top of it. On little sticks along the time-line were copies of photos they had gotten from Margaret from one of John and me at the reception after we got married to a fairly recent one of me with Betsy. So I had to tell the stories of each one before we cut the cake.

There were lots of cards - mostly really funny ones, and a few small gifts (which I was hoping they wouldn’t do) that were just great. Aren’t we blessed with our friends - both internet and face-to-face ones?

Then we got to bring most of the left-overs home. I gave the left-over pieces of cake to our next-door neighbors and have put most of the rest of it in the freezer to enjoy later.
============================
We were among the first people in the site after it opened. That's why we were able to get pictures with very few people in them.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: