Friday, September 14, 2012

Joe's Special (from Bev)


Thanks to Bev for our delicious dinner tonight. She wrote of a tried and true recipe in her family that she called “Joe’s Special”. It’s a very simple frittata-type dish, and can be varied to suit any taste, using different veggies or meats, or going all veggie.

In a skillet, brown 1 pound of hamburger, with chopped onion and garlic. Mix in a package of chopped frozen spinach, cooked, with all the liquid squeezed out. Add 4-6 beaten eggs; stir to mix. Sprinkle on top about 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.

I used a large oven-safe skillet. After the eggs had set, I finished it off in the oven, with the last few minutes under the broiler. I had intended to stir in a small can of stems and pieces of mushrooms, but forgot - will do that next time.

We ate half of it, so will have a really nice lunch tomorrow (or supper again tomorrow night). It probably took me 30+ minutes from start to table. I’ll be sure to have all the ingredients on hand for the next time I want a “gee, I really don’t feel like cooking tonight” meal.

Thanks again, Bev!
==============================
Flying buttresses, Ravenna