Thursday, September 27, 2012

Good stuff and bad stuff

Things didn’t get off to a great start this morning. I had breakfast and turned on the coffee pot. Nothing happened. Or at least not everything…the light came on, but no gurgling water and no heat in the hot plate. Well, phooey!

So I got dressed and headed to WalMart. At least it was just 8 a.m., so there weren’t many people there. Then I cleaned up the new pot and got it going; emptied out the dead pot and left it to drain. At least there was coffee!

One good side effect of my accident and subsequent surgery/anesthesia seems to be better fingernails. I’ve always had yucky fingernails, but all of a sudden, they’re growing, and not breaking off. OK, guess I’ll just enjoy that while it lasts. I was overdue for a pedicure, so I decided to get a manicure, too. I had him put on some sparkly silver polish. Wonder how long that’ll last. I hope for a couple of days anyway.

And now, our bags are packed. We’re ready to go. Standing there beside the door. Oops, sorry - got carried away. Our black bags are SO anonymous looking, and always hard to recognize on the baggage carousel. So I painted some Zs on the bottom of the bags. Maybe we can find them easier this time.

I’ll write when I get a chance to get on line on the trip.
==================================
Interior of Romanesque church, Ravenna.

 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I use bright colored bows to identify black bags...but I don't fly any more. Heh.