Wednesday, September 19, 2012

An interesting day.

I saw the ENT doc this morning. First he cleaned the wax out of my ear (one always has a bad build-up, which I can’t seem to do anything about). Then he turned my head back and forth. After the whirling stopped, he told me I had “post-traumatic benign positional vertigo”, and recommended an Epley maneuver. I hope it works. It was very gentle and once the dizziness settled down, didn’t take more than about 10 minutes. I’m to go back in three weeks and see if it worked - and maybe get a repeat treatment. I surely am hoping for good results. I hope to get such a good report from new x-rays at the orthopedist next Tuesday. ###### Sometimes we get forced into things. Like this afternoon, when I knocked over a full glass of water, inundating all the crap on my chair-side table, plus the baskets under it. @!^&*()$ At least this entails going through things (which, of course, I wouldn’t do otherwise), and throwing things away. This is leading up to the fact that I came across the charging cord for my Kindle. When I picked it up, the white plastic coating on the cord literally disintegrated in my hands and fell off. Oops! I e-mailed Amazon to tell them about it and request a replacement. I received a reply within minutes, telling me to order a new one, they’d void the charges, and I’ll have the new cord within a few days. Their service department/tech help is pretty spectacular! ##### I apologize again for the lack of paragraphs. I’m trying to work through this new blogspot format and see if I can find out what to do. So far, I’ve just posted on their support group to see if anybody else has the problem. Surely I’m not the only one.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

A little known condition is chronic earwax buildup. My younger daughter and my husband both have it. Since he never takes care of it himself, I have to keep reminding the nursing home. They just figure he's deaf...