Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Getting back to the routine.

I took the first little baby steps toward getting back into the rut - oops, make that “routine” - today. I went back to the swimming class.

Well, not exactly into the deep water part of it, but I did get into the pool, did some of the arm exercises, and walked. Anything to start increasing the stamina.

I did make one tactical error. I was concerned about wearing the bathing suit, so I tried it on beforehand. The shoulder strap went right across the incision, and I didn’t want it to rub. So I opted for shorts, a sports bra, and a t-shirt. It was almost a good idea. I forgot about having to get out of a wet t-shirt with one bad arm. Oops! Dear Tina volunteered to help me get out of it, so I didn’t have to stay in it all day. Guess I won’t do that again.
==========================
I didn’t watch any of the Republican Nat’l Convention, and I wasn’t going to watch the Democratic Nat’l Convention either. But, I happened to turn it on this evening as Bill Clinton was speaking. He is a stem-winder! I do love listening to a good rabble-rousing speech, and he is a master. It helps that I happen to agree with him, but even so, he is amazing to watch. And he obviously loves the campaigning and politicking and the people-part of government.
==========================
The view at sunrise from the porch of our rental house at Lake Almanor.


1 comment:

Harriet said...

Clinton said something I had not heard from anyone else (except myself). Basically, you can't clean up eight years of mismanagement in just four years. He said it funnier, though.