Friday, October 23, 2009

Throw a pie at the computer?

We just had a little rain off and on today - and the temperature was up to at least 72 this afternoon - warmer than in the house. It is supposed to be cooler tomorrow. We shall see....

The laptop spent the night at the "hospital". The guru started checking it out this afternoon. Again, of course, it worked just fine for him. He did say that he thought the power plug was loose and that laptops were notoriously picky about having a full power source.

When I got it home, I started it up on battery power, and it came right up. And I used it until it went to automatic hibernate, then carefully plugged it in. Again, it started right up. So the doc may have made a good diagnosis. We shall see.

Later on it was slow starting again. John think it's probably a hardware problem, and might be caused by a bad battery. I'm going to take the battery out tonight, and see if it happens then. The problem didn't start until I put the battery back in.

But, drat!, we had gotten a Dell flyer in the mail today, and I had already picked out a new laptop - lighter and with Windows 7. Oh, well...

Soupy Sales died today. He was 83. Nobody else did the pie-in-the-face schtick like he did!

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sian said...

I've had computer problems too - so I feel you pain!! And I did just buy a new Dell laptop with Windows 7 - but awaiting delivery......

Mary Z said...

Sorry about your computer problems, but loved reading your story. 8^) I'll be interested to hear how you like your new toy and Windows 7. Which version did you get?