Thursday, October 29, 2009

Do the math

It's getting weird around here. The weatherguy, on Monday, said that it was looking like rain for Friday night, and several of the high schools changed their football games from the regular Friday night to Thursday night. What's with this??? What happened to playing football in all kinds of weather? And, LOL, besides that, it rained tonight, and probably won't tomorrow night. (Sorry - just my ironic streak coming out.)

I'm feeling some better today, after getting a really good night's sleep last night. I woke up fairly early, and got in my overdue trip to Walmart; plus I went out with the Thursday lunch group. That about did me in for the day, though.

Under the heading of "dumb stuff that people let happen"---
I don't normally pay too much attention to specific prices on small things that I buy regularly, but this morning, I happened to notice the price of eggs at Walmart. Are you ready for this?

1 dozen large eggs - $0.97
1 dozen medium eggs - $1.18
1 1/2 dozen large eggs - $1.84

I wonder why people put up with this stuff. Actually, I wonder whyI haven't complained.

Today's photo is of flowers on the grounds of Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: