Sunday, October 04, 2009

Surprises

It's cool here, and I love it! We did a rack of ribs tonight, and they were SO good. Allan, John & Sylvia came over to share, along with corn, black beans, and salad. John does a really good job with the meat on the grill - even though it was raining some.

The upcoming week looks pretty normal. John does have his two PT visits, plus another visit to the orthopedist on Tuesday morning. This weekend is his rowing club's big event, a regatta. It's the first such event of the season, and usually draws a pretty big crowd from over the east. They'll be doing a lot of work Saturday and Sunday. He's usually on one of the timing boats, so he'll be able to do that job.

I got a nice surprise tonight. Did I mention that on the trip I somehow managed to lose the battery out of my laptop. I really hate to admit that it was probably gone for about a week before I missed it. I always use the laptop plugged in, and I guess I just never picked it up in such a way as to feel that big gap where the battery should be. And then it was a matter of trying to figure out where it might have gotten lost. Sighhhhhh.

Then we remembered that the laptop had been knocked on the floor under the table, next to the fixed bench, on the barge boat. It was dark under there, with a black battery, so it might have gotten overlooked. I got in touch via e-mail with the management of the boat company, who said one had not been reported found. Then I remembered that I had the phone number of the on-the-dock guy with the boat company. I called him a couple of days ago to tell him about the problem. He said he and the boat-cleaner would check around again.

He called tonight to say that they had actually found the battery. Will wonders never cease!!!! I said he should let me know how much it cost so I could reimburse him for the postage. He told me to assume that it had cost $10.00, to give that to my favorite charity, and consider us even. How great is this!

The only down side of this is that a replacement battery cost so much, that I was considering buying a new laptop rather than just replacing the battery. John's now smiling about the fact that now I don't need a new laptop. It's always good news and bad news, isn't it.

Today's photo is the Ohiopyle River in Ohiopyle State Park, PA.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: