Saturday, October 17, 2009

Busy Saturday

We headed down toward Atlanta this afternoon to visit with Matt & Amanda and see their new house. They're so excited about it and having fun getting things put together. Still lots of boxes sitting around and empty space, while they get walls painted and make all those decisions. Glad it's them and not me!

Then we went on into the city for Vicki's son's wedding reception. Things got complicated, as always, but the happy couple is well and truly married. We finally found the reception site, which had been changed at the last minute. I don't know the whole story, but I guess I'll get it next week. We did have a nice buffet dinner. We were really glad we had gone - it was a very small event (25-30 people), and very few from Chattanooga and the groom's "side".

Of course, we got lost getting back to I-75, and got into the end-of-the-game traffic (GA Tech vs VA Tech), but we managed to blunder our way onto the interstate going the right direction. We got home about 11, and are really tired. Looking forward to sleeping late in the morning with nothing special to do (I hope - haven't checked the calendar yet).

Today's photo is another sculpture from Kentuck Knob.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Martin said...

Hi Mary Z

Another fascinating sculpture. Thanks for sharing.

I've been doing a little bit of research into Kentuck Knob and the history of the place is really interesting. I doubt I would ever have known about the place if you hadn't have posted your photographs. So thanks once again.