Sunday, October 25, 2009

From the desktop

The laptop has blocked me out completely for now. Tomorrow, it's off to get the battery checked, and then possibly to the Geek Squad again to check for hardware/electrical problems. And then maybe to the Dell catalog. We shall see.

What a lovely day it was today! There is an outdoor sculpture exhibit along a quarter-mile stretch of the Riverwalk. John has been wanting me to see it and to take photographs. The pieces are great, and fun to photograph. And then my camera battery decided to quickly run out (I had just checked it, too). But it was a nice walk in any case, and we both took lots of pictures.

This afternoon, the Chattanooga Symphony was giving the first of its Chamber Concert series - a smaller orchestra with a smaller schedule in a smaller venue. Anyhow, it was an all-Mozart program, and just wonderful! We really enjoyed the hall, the music, and the informality. There will be two more concerts this season, and we'll look forward to them.

Just late today, I've started getting a raspy throat. I hope that just means a sore throat, and nothing more. I haven't been "sick" in a long time, and really don't want to start now (or any time, for that matter).

These are a couple of the sculptures from the Riverwalk.

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: