Monday, June 01, 2009

Starting on a newone

Missy had some lovely silk/wool commercial yarns, and I'm going to buy some of a rich cranberry color for my second shawl. Obviously, I'm just a glutton for punishment. This yarn is going to sell by the pound, which we don't know how to measure from the pattern. We'll weigh the shawl when it's finished to figure out how much yarn I used. Always something new and different.

Well, Monday shopping isn't new and different - except I've added a stop at Aldi's to the mix. The prices there are much cheaper than WalMart. I have to see how well I hold up - shopping at two stores.

The cards at bridge were definitely mixed. I'm sure I'll be solidly in the middle when the scores are added up for today.

With any luck, we'll both sleep a bit later in the morning. Yawn!

1 comment:

Mickle in NZ said...

Silk/wool mixes - how glorious to handle. Cranberry is a wonderful colour.

here I'm fingers and toes crossed that Dad's little brother ,Phil, can make it on Saturday. He recently had a skin cancer removed from his ankle and they took the needed skin graft from near his hip. His daughter, my very dear cousinn Beth, Has offered to put him stretched out in the back seat of his car so he can travel down to here. The middle brother, David (my uncle and Godfather) died in his mid fifties.


It was Beth who gave Uncle Phil a much needed kidney 7 years ago when his own had packed up.

Mum decided on the "at home" celebration for Saturday. I'm just ensuring it is delivered.

Care and huggles, Michelle xxx