Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dentists, doctors, and speakers


I had two doctors' appointments this morning. Got my teeth cleaned at 7:30, followed by a visit to the rheumatologist at 8:30. Everything is okay with both. Of course, all the aches that had been bothering me for the last couple of weeks were gone by today, but Dr. B did change my anti-inflammatory Rx. I'd been on Sulindac for a number of years, and it was time for a change. He started me on Diclofenac sodium this time, and we'll see how that one does. As usual, he prescribed a drug available in generic form.

Not too much going on at the gallery this morning. I gave a program to a small art group tonight. This is not something I usually like to do, but I don't have a problem with "public speaking", so it was okay. They asked me to talk for about 15-20 minutes about my work. I can do that. I thought my problem would be keeping it down to 15-20 minutes. I took some paints, brushes, and a canvas I wanted to rework. I talked about my work and showed some pieces. Then I made a mess and put some paint on that canvas. One lady was perceptive enough to comment, "Obviously, you're all about 'process'." And, of course, that's quite true. I've said that frequently. Anyway, it was a nice group, and they were attentive. I even pretty much stayed in the time allotted.

No comments: