Friday, June 12, 2009

Phone-in-forecast

I had in mind to take a nap this afternoon, but the cleaning crew didn't come until about 1:45 and were here until nearly 4. John got in a killer nap after that, but I didn't. I surely would like to sleep late in the morning.

I got a call Wednesday from a local artist inviting me to be the speaker at the monthly meeting next week of their small art organization. She said they would like me to talk about my work and show some pieces. That's not usually my forte, but I can always talk about my work. So I'll be thinking about that all weekend, and making some notes. At least it only needs to be about 15 minutes long.

John noticed in the weekly entertainment section that there was going to be a free afternoon concert on Sunday by the Chattanooga Baroque Strings ensemble. That should be a good concert - and we'll be there.

It's definitely turning into summer, with the standard summer forecast - hot, hazy, humid, with a chance of afternoon thunderstorms. The "phone-in-forecast". Stay cool!

No comments: