Friday, June 26, 2009

Eczema vs Psoriasis

On the medical front, does anybody have eczema or psoriasis? How do they tell the difference? I've looked at a number of sites on line, without really getting an answer. I've been told by the family doc and her PA that what I have is eczema. Nothing really seems to work for it, and the itching is really starting to drive me crazy (not that I'm not most of the way there). I'm taking benedryl to try to help with the itching, and applying cortisone cream and various other lotions, but nothing really seems to help much. Isn't it nuts how something as ordinary as itching can make you so miserable and be so constant. I know there is a form of arthritis that can be associated with psoriasis. I have to go in to the rheumatologist's office next week for lab work. I'm going to ask his staff if they have any recommendations.

The gallery was open until 7 tonight with an Art Night on Main Street. It was hot, but there were still folks out walking and checking out galleries. We had a number of people stopping by. It was nice to get home, though, and get into "soft clothes" and get my shoes off.

I finally turned off the TV news and the radio. Way too much stuff about Michael Jackson. I read that somebody said that probably the only people who has caused such a commotion by death was Princess Diana and Elvis. Seems like that to me, too.

No comments: