Sunday, June 14, 2009

Music?

We spent most of the day in "soft clothes". I did get the laundry done - and we even got out of the house for a while.

John had read that a local group of amateur musicians who got together to play baroque string music was giving a free concert this afternoon. The group played concertos by Bach and Vivaldi, plus Handel's Water Music. Afterwards, all I could think of was the old joke about the musicians who played Beethoven, and Beethoven lost. The ensemble played with dedication and obvious love of the music and their craft. But, in all honesty, Bach, Handel, and Vivaldi lost.

One of my Bosom Buddies called tonight. She lives in south Alabama. The line of severe thunderstorms that went through the area had a lot of lightening associated with it. Her computer got fried, and she just wanted to tell me so I could pass the word. I'm glad that storm missed us today.

No comments: