Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer doldrums


I guess the summer doldrums hit early around here. I just couldn't get a blog written last night. I could blame it on the heat - but that probably wouldn't fly.

I wasn't a complete slug this weekend, but didn't miss it by much. I went out for a bit yesterday morning and (gasp!) did some shopping for clothes. I got several things - a new smaller robe for swimming, some white capris, and a couple of tops. It's good to have to do this, I guess, but I still hate doing it. The high on Saturday was 97.

Today was the usual laundry day. The usual three loads of laundry per week had shrunk to two. We just don't wear as many clothes in the summertime, and they're not nearly as bulky. Guess that's supposed to balance out the constantly-running air conditioner. Allan came over for dinner (dirty rice, with chicken livers). He went to the Chattanooga Market today, and brought us some green tomatoes and a few peaches. I'll get the tomatoes done in a day or two, and the peaches will have to ripen for another couple of days. Yum! The high today was 98!

No comments: