Thursday, June 18, 2009

HHH

It's been a scorcher today, and predicted to be even hotter tomorrow. Yuck! Plus we had a session of lightning and thunder about 4 a.m. this morning. We didn't get any rain. I was aware of it, but fortunately, went right back to sleep. And so we get the standard summertime weather forecast: Hot, Hazy, and Humid

This was the Third Thursday, so we kept the Gallery open until 8. It was so hot this evening that we didn't have any pedestrians or folks dropping in. We went to Blue Orleans for dinner, and even there it was only about 1/3 full. I had one of my weird meals of salad and appetizer - but YUM! Their Vieux Carre salad is mixed greens topped with crumbled blue cheese and bacon, with a bacon vinaigrette dressing. And the dressing was warm! made with real bacon grease! Oh, a REAL wilted lettuce salad - how divine! I even mopped up the plate with a piece of bread. And my second course was their fried green tomatoes appetizer. Well, nobody said it ALL had to be healthy. And, as John and Allan kept telling me - all I had was some tomatoes and a salad. Right!

2 comments:

Mickle in NZ said...

Oh, I'd happily have that wonderful combination for dinner any day.

Your weather gadget is telling me that at 4.21 am you have 22 degrees C. I think I'd be melting.

We've had a chilly week with high humidity!

I hope to dream of blue cheese and green tomaotes tonight,

Michelle and Zebbycat, snuggled down together, xxx and wide awake purring

Mary Z said...

I'm much more of a winter person, Michelle. Our temp this morning (Friday) is 74F/33.8C, with the predicted high for today to be 98F/36.6C. Unseasonable.

Come visit, and we'll see that you get it for dinner.