Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer potpourri

I've mentioned before about the family of red-tailed hawks that have lived in our neighborhood trees for several years now. We've been hearing them this year, but have caught only a glimpse of one of them occasionally. Yesterday morning, the awkward-flying babies were out and flying around - probably because of a bunch of crows who were tormenting them. The youngsters were clumsily flying in and out of the trees - occasionally resting on branches. I know there were at least three hawks. Family fun! This photo of baby red-tailed hawks is from the Pale Male web site.















I found a friend who was willing to block my shawl. Essie has her own blog and business selling knitting and crocheted items. Now I can't wait to see the shawl all finished.

We finally had to turn the air-conditioning on this afternoon. The high was 90, and that gets the house warm enough. I really can't remember a year when we were this late turning it on. But now it's officially summer.

On a more serious note, I have to make mention of the terrible murder of the doctor who performed abortions in Wichita, KS, What a vicious, cowardly attack! Obviously, the "right-to-life" people believe in life for everyone - except for those who disagree with them. What a sad, scary thing!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: