Friday, May 01, 2009

One busy day!!

This has definitely been one busy day!

The day started off with thunderstorms, and possibly delay of our swim class because of lightening. We headed out to the Y at the usual time, though. There was a terrible smell around and in my car. I had noticed it yesterday, but thought it was in the air - like a nearby paper mill or some such. When we got to the Y, I checked the trunk and found that awful and disgusting problem.

We had missed taking one of the sacks of groceries out of the trunk on Monday(!!!). And it was a couple of pizza and (gag!) a 5-pound chub of hamburger. It was really, REALLY bad. John got it out of the car and into the outside trash can at the Y. We went on back home, found the odor-killing spray, and literally doused the trunk and the interior of the car. All this time, it's pouring down rain. How vile!!! I can't believe I didn't even miss the stuff.

Later on, I went on the gallery and took some photos of the paintings I finished Tuesday. We took down the just-finishing exhibit to get ready for the next one to go up.

When I got home, I left the windows down in the car so it could continue airing out. Needless to say, we took John's car when we went out tonight. I'll leave the trunk open tomorrow to continue to air out.

We went to the opening of the Salon Show (members only) at the AVA (Association for Visual Artists) Gallery. Five of the Gallery2 artists had pieces in the show - I think out of 80 pieces in all. It was a really good show, and it was fun to get a look at it. I don't have a good photograph of the piece I had in the show. Sorry.

After a while, we went out for dinner with Vicki and Roger - great company and great food.
Looks like we're in for about a full week of rain. We have been needing it, so I guess we shouldn't complain (except for the poor folks who are under a flood watch).

Here are the photos of the paintings. I can't seem to get the names directly under them. The first is called "Second Chance" (18 x 24, acrylic on paper); next "The Shadow of Your Smile" (18 x 24, acrylic on paper); last "Goldenrod #1" and "Goldenrod #2" (each 24 x 8, acrylic on canvas).









Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

JeanZ said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that first one.