Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Doctor visit

When I went in to see our new doc last fall, she said to come back for a recheck in six months. That visit was today. Nothing much was wrong to complain about. But she did get some blood drawn to recheck my thyroid function. I've been on synthroid for years, so I'm glad to have that checked. She also is going to try me on a new BP medicine - one that doesn't make me cough all the time. She says it's not generic yet, but should be in a couple of weeks. She gave me a month's sample to take to be sure it works, and to temporize until the generic status kicks in. (I love a doc who is concerned about expenses.)

John's been putting drops in my ears for several days to soften up the impacted wax. I asked about that today, too, and the nurse spent quite a while flushing out my ears. They said they got almost all of the wax removed, but I should continue using the drops. And they're going to check all that stuff again in a month. I'm really liking this new doctor.

We've actually had some sunshine today, and it's been lovely. John went to the boathouse to row early this morning, but forgot to check the water level. The river was much too high and fast for him to get on the water. They've got all the flood gates open on the dam, helping to reduce the buildup in the upriver tributaries from all this rain. I'm glad he didn't try to row. On the news tonight, it was reported that a runabout boat with 3 people in it had capsized tonight (one person had been rescued as of this writing).

I think the kitty litter that I spread all over the trunk of the car is helping to alleviate the smell. It's still there, but definitely getting better.

Today's photo is from palemale.com - one of the Central Park red-tailed hawks. I wish we could see our neighborhood red-tails this well.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: