Sunday, May 03, 2009

More rain

I made a quick trip to Walmart this morning to get more of the cheeses for the lasagna. Then I was able to finish assembling the lasagnas. The next challenge was to find room in the freezer for all of them. Once they're frozen, we can rearrange again to make things more accessible. But at least that job is done for a while.

The laundry got done. The sheets got changed on the bed. I guess it was mostly the usual Sunday housekeeping stuff (except for lasagna marathon, of course).

And the rain kept coming. By noon today, we had another 1.2" of rain. That's a 3-day total of nearly 4". The smaller creeks in the area are starting to flood. But I guess, by tonight, even the weather folks would say we were out of the drought.

We got some good suggestions for odor control from the blog comments yesterday. Thanks, folks. I'm working with the kitty litter today. We'll see how that goes, and then maybe go on to another possibility.

In honor of our nesting cardinals on the front porch, here's a great picture (from the palemale.com site) of a cardinal in Central Park.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mickle in NZ said...

Hello, hope all those lasagnes turned out okay and your found room in the freezer to froze them.

I like to cook in bulk too, then freeze the results into Mickle+ a bit sized portions.

Despite all the dishes to wash, is a real sense of achievement and satisfaction when I'm done with the cooking, cooling and freezing of it all.

Just, Zebbycat doesn't appreciate it - especially when there is little meat involved (often),


I'm enjoying learning about Cardinal birds from great bloggers like you.

Sending many huggles and kind thoughts, Michelle/Mickle and my darling, daft Zebbycat