Saturday, May 02, 2009

Assembly line

Lasagna, lasagna, lasagna - all over everywhere. Boy, this is a messy process. At least the way I do it.

I had to go back to the store this morning. After all, I managed to let the meat rot in the trunk of my car, so I did need to get more. I fit the trip in between rain showers - not easily done today. Since Thursday night, we've had 2.5" of rain. But I did get the sauce done, and then started the assembly process. I had gotten some deep loaf pans this time, and they're working great. About the right size, and deep enough that they probably won't boil over in the oven.

I quickly realized that I had lots more sauce than I had other ingredients. !@##$$%%^&* The making of this batch certainly has not gone smoothly. So I used about half the sauce, and I'll have to go back to the store tomorrow to get more of the three cheeses required.

I did remember to put kitty litter on the list this time, so I can use that in the car to help get rid of the smell. I backed the car under the carport today, so I could leave the trunk and all the windows open all day. That did help some.

This is the last photo from the day of the 4 Bridges Festival on the Southside.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kitty litter? How about Baking Soda instead? It even comes in 5 pound bags for those "big stinks".

Sprinkle ( shovel? ) an appropriate amount into the trunk of the car, leave sit for 24-48 hours, vacuum out.

No more stink.

Kate said...

Two other things to try for the smell are charcoal and coffee.

K

Mary Z said...

Thanks, Anon. and Kate. Kitty litter is now in an open bag in the back seat, and another bag spread out inside the trunk. Baking soda, charcoal, and coffee are next.

Anon. said...

Kitty litter, baking soda, charcoal, coffee...

Hell, throw a little potting soil and some egg shells back there, and you can plant some roses. ;-)

Mary Z said...

Sounds like a plan! 8^)