Sunday, August 03, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jean

Today is our baby's 47th birthday. So I chatted on line with her for a while.
It's been very hot and humid here. The only time I've gone outside is to get the paper this morning. John snuck out early to row, and I slept until 7:40 - amazing!!

So far, it's taken all day to get the paper read and my computer stuff done. Now I think I'll just fiddle the day away.
I finished my first pair of socks from the beach-dyed yarn. There's enough left for one more sock, but not for two. I assume I'll have about the same amount left from the second batch, so maybe I'll combine them for a hybrid pair. We shall see. I probably won't be wearing them until the weather moderates some, but they surely feel nice.



I've started a non-sock project - a shawl. I'll be using the off-white baby alpaca yarn that Ann brought me from Peru. It's not really lace weight, but wonderfully soft. I have to confess to already having ripped out the first 30 or so rows after I found a dropped stitch. I hope that's the only time I have to do that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your post about your daughter's birthday. I graduated from Hendersonville High in 1979. I believe your Jean Zelle is the one I graduated with. I am trying to get hold of her, either by email or address or phone. Would you tell her to email me at melindadrake05@comcast.net. In school, my name was Melinda Davis and Jean and I had many classes together including physics. This would be so cool if I found Jean by googling her name and finding your blog.

Mary Z said...

Hi Melinda, I've forwarded your e-mail on to Jean. Isn't google a wonderful thing?