Thursday, August 14, 2008

Followup and Glass



Followup: My shoulder was much better this morning. And the doc's office didn't call me back. I figured I'd just be careful and it would be OK, assuming that it was a recurrence of the bursitis I've had before. All was fine until later in the afternoon, when the pain started up again. I called the doc again and, of course, I wasn't going to be able to see him for an injection until well into next week. They did call in a prednisone dose-pack, and I have started that. Relief should come very quickly now.

In the midst of this, we did our usual Thursday lunch. On the way over, there was something making an odd noise in my car. John checked, and the plastic mud-flap than hangs down in the front of the car was hanging loose. I took him home, then went back to the Nissan dealership to get it checked. That's indeed what it was, and they had the part in stock. Wouldn't you know they also noticed that I had a tire going flat. They checked that, too, and there was a screw in it. So all that got repaired. And it only took about an hour and $125.00.

This evening, we went to the Hunter Museum of American Art for a presentation about the big summer exhibit of pieces by glass artist William Morris. It was a panel discussion with the museum director, a local glass artist, and the museum staffer who helped with the installation of the pieces. It was quite interesting. The pieces are definitely not the usual blown glass vases, etc.

Today's photos are two pieces of glass by William Morris.


No comments: